Friday, February 10, 2017

Dr Anum from Peshawar telling you some thing ....

Leave a Comment
Meet Dr Anum from Peshawar add her Dads Pearl on facebook
Im a doctor, but Im a human first!
I am a doctor and every day I treat people suffering from life-threatening to common diseases. Occasionally, I fail to save someone from dying while many a times, I am able to see my patient recovered and healthy and kicking over the time.
There have been cases where my treatment, reinforced by costly medicines, has saved young and old lives; there have been instances when my best efforts have failed to keep patients alive. That is what the life is. There have, however, been certain instances when innocent people left the world just because of their attendants’ inability to afford the costly medicines. These deaths grieve me and I feel the world killed them and the whole world is guilty of letting them go.
I am Dr Anum Rahman, and I believe doctors’ attention and medicines can heal the wounds but poverty can be hindrance to their recovery route.
Being a familiar to patients’ financial miseries, I have launched a ‘help-the-patients’ campaign with my own sources and friends’ help.
I am 26-year-old, a graduate of the Peshawar Medical College.
What inspired me to work for the poor patients?
The journey started last year in the summer when one day, while at work, I noticed a patient of Hepatitis C was reluctant to go for monthly interfernos. When I dug into the issue I found the patient was also suffering from chronic poverty. I decided to help the patient. Let us call the patient a patient as I do not want to reveal gender and information of the person. I invited my friends and colleagues to share the pain. The response was riveting. Money started pouring in. I, with her friends, set up a stall at a local college funfair event and collected Rs 51,000. Many people offered to sponsor the patient.
Since then, I with my friends have helped more than 200 patients visiting the Peshawar hospitals.
The element of philanthropy, generosity and empathy is in abundance, and the only thing which they need is transparency, clarity and trust. Following these principle, I have gained the trust of group of over 50 people, who on her call help the needy patients.
The government does not and cannot help all poor patients, those who can afford ought to help the poor because money is not everything. The greatest from of wealth is human connection and human interaction,” she says. “It's one of most influential currencies in the world. We never know if the next great is waiting on streets is a homeless sick. If we don’t help these people, we may never see the great value that some could bring to making our world a better place.
Whenever I come across a patient in need of money for their treatment, I get an estimate of the treatment, and share it with friends on social media.
Every religion in the world asks its believers to help those in need. People can help us if they know any deserving patient who's disease is treatable for whom we can provide a plan to get treated. They can help us raising funds from their respective communities and can take such steps so that others may get inspired. 40 percent of all deaths are preventable and Pakistan ranks the 111th, out of 169 countries, on maternal and 184th on prenatal mortality, and 10 percent of the world’s child deaths under five years are in Pakistan.
The data is horrible. So is the cost of medical treatment.
Not all treatments are expensive but most of them are, and it depends on person to person, from what socio-economic status they belong to. For some, millions do not matter, and for many a rupee matters a lot.
Though I have helped so many patients, I have regrets which make me often sleepless.
Due to this I incident, I eventually started hating life. A young man, around 28 years old, with road accident injuries was admitted to the ICU. He was on ventilator as he was not breathing properly. With the passage of time, the attendant asked the hospital to wean off the ventilator as they were no more able to pay daily vent charges and that patient died on the way back to home.
Ohmygod, how I come I couldn’t save that life?
I am a Pathan girl. In my professional life, I have broken so many stereotypes. I would love to see my other Pathan sisters to join the humanitarian work.
Come on, if I can do it, you can do it too.
We all can do it.

#CEO charity dosent hurt
# ambassador for preservation
# ambassador world's smile archieve
# cordinator kpk asain students medical association
# Cordinator kpk for health awareness
#associate member pakistan Islamic medical association
# member national young scientist Academy
# media secretary social welfare society
# public speaker


0 comments:

Post a Comment